Looking back, going forward
aka what I created/co-created in 2021 and what's brewing/continuing into the New Year.
- Bay Station's Beyond the Safe and Sound (April 9, 2021). Six new songs co-written with Kwame and recorded at home, in porches and remote studios.
- Twin Lakes EP (May 21, 2021): Three new songs relfecting the events of 2020-21. Recorded at home and via flying in parts from the rythm section.
- Bay Station's Love the Bay Video Series: We produced two new artist spotlight artists episodes (with Ben Bernstein (#16) and Francesca Lee (#17)) during a brief free & easy feeling window this summer AND a pandemic-themed Love the Bay Tour featuring single-song performances by nearly a dozen Bay Area artists. Available for your viewing pleasure on YouTube. Kwame and I plan to do another LTB SF Bay tour in the spring. We'll resume filming features when it feels safe to do so.
- "A Whole Lotta Reasons to Freak Out" My co-write with Stefan Gustafson was released as a single. Watch the video HERE.
- Upon review, I've a growing collection of as-yet-unreleased songs. Likewise, Kwame and I just came out of a week-long writing intensive in the desert so expect new music in 2022.
- I ramped up my prose writing again this year, doing more freelance writing, continuing to edit The Bay Station Eagle zine, leading generative workshops and re-envisioning my old Bird in the Tree blog on Substack. Read/subscribe HERE.
- The by-donation yoga classes I taught in the early days of the pandemic have morphed into a regular schedule. Find out more HERE.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments: I'd love to hear from you!
Here's to a happier new year, Deborah